ISO 20760-1:2018 provides guidelines for the planning and design of centralized water reuse systems and water reuse applications in urban areas.
ISO 20760-1:2018 is applicable to practitioners and authorities who intend to implement principles and decisions on centralized water reuse in a safe, reliable and sustainable manner.
ISO 20760-1:2018 addresses centralized water reuse systems in their entirety and is applicable to any water reclamation system component (e.g. source water, treatment, storage, distribution, operation and maintenance and monitoring).
ISO 20760-1:2018 provides:
- standard terms and definitions;
- system components and possible models of a centralized water reuse system;
- design principles of a centralized water reuse system;
- common assessment criteria and related examples of water quality indicators, all without setting any target values or thresholds;
- specific aspects for consideration and emergency response.
Design parameters and regulatory values of a centralized water reuse system are out of the scope of this document.